This planner requires teachers to comment on the following information:
- An overview: including the aims and differentiated objectives of the lesson, links with past and future lessons and additional information on the students in the class.
- A box for teachers to focus on one or more of the Approaches to Teaching that will be used in the lesson.
- A box for teachers to focus on one of more of the Approaches to Learning that will be used in the lesson.
- A box for teachers to explain the lesson’s link to the IB Core of International Mindedess, the IB Learner Profile, Service As Action (MYP only lesson), CAS (DP only lesson) and Theory of Knowledge (DP only).
- A box for teachers to explain the links between their lesson and their Professional Development Goal(s) for the year.
- A lesson outline of time, structure and activity.
I hope that you find it useful in supporting your staff to write lesson plans based on IB Philosophy.