While similar in philosophy to the DP Lesson Observation Booklet which can be read here, this Cross Programme Lesson Observation Planner can be used for either MYP or DP teachers when planning their lesson observation.
This planner includes:
- An overview: including the aims and differentiated objectives of the lesson, links with past and future lessons and additional information on the students in the class.
- A box for teachers to focus on one or more of the Approaches to Teaching that will be used in the lesson.
- A box for teachers to focus on one of more of the Approaches to Learning that will be used in the lesson.
- A box for teachers to explain the lesson’s link to the IB Core of International Mindedess, the IB Learner Profile, Service As Action (MYP only lesson), CAS (DP only lesson) and Theory of Knowledge (DP only).
- A box for teachers to explain the links between their lesson and their Professional Development Goal(s) for the year.
- A lesson outline of time, structure and activity.
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.