I created this document to help place students in the correct language class for their Diploma Programme.
The document includes advice on the following (as well as links to the relevant International Baccalaureate publications):
- Information on Group 1 languages and the types of language learners they are applicable for.
- Information on Group 2 languages and the types of language learners they are applicable for.
- The language routes students can take.
- Placing students into language classes.
- Using International Baccalaureate language phases to place students.
- Using the Common European Framework of Reference to place students.
- Using placement tests to place students.
- Using a Language Profile to place students.
- Solutions to students whose language profile makes it impossible for them to do a language B acquisition course at SL or HL: Ab initio, Self-taught, English B / Bilingual Diploma.
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.