This homework based activity, which can be used in whole staff and departmental meetings, allows staff to brainstorm ideas on homework within the Diploma Programme. The activity allows staff to comment on homework within the school`s context. The ideas from staff are helpful in creating homework policies and reviewing present practice.
The handouts ask staff to consider:
- What are the types of homework that work well in each subject? How does it consolidate and reinforce skills / understanding? How does it link prior and future learning?
- What is the amount of homework you give per week?
- What are your concerns re homework?
- Do you have any concerns with student self-management? How have you tried to overcome them?
- What types of feedback do you give for homework?
- What do you think the parent / carers` role is regarding homework? What actions have you put into place to support this?
- What do you think the teachers` responsibilities are regarding homework?
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.
Subscribe today for £15 a month, or only £45 for the whole year, to get access to all of the resources on this website.
If you are already a member, please log-in below.