Teacher-Student Subject Information Session
As part of the introduction to the Diploma Programme process I arrange sessions where students can meet with subject teachers to discuss each course.
I have designed these sessions in two ways.
Firstly, I have had departments go into classes to give presentations to the pre-DP students.
Secondly, I have arranged sessions where each department sets up their resources and presentations at the same time and students can visit the subjects they are interested in. I have got Diploma Programme students to work with a subject of their choice—they can provide work they have done in the subject so far and assist the teacher in explaining the ins and outs of the subject to the potential new students.
I give the document below to teachers, which includes the design of the session and ideas on what they can present / talk to students about:
1. Show and talk through:
- Past papers.
- Anonymised old student work.
- Lesson resources.
- Example lesson activities.
- A presentation on a laptop or through the projector (check with the other teachers in your room).
- Assessment rubrics.
2. Talk through the student guide you have prepared for the students.
3. Hold a question and answer session (students have been told to prepare questions for subjects).
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.