This lesson gives student an overview of the meaning of Service as Action in the MYP. It offers an insight into the International Baccalaureate’s philosophy as well as offering practical examples and a student portfolio that they can use to record their activities.
The Activities in the lesson ask students to:
- Define Service as Action.
- Consider Service activities they and their partner have previously done.
- Explain the link between Service as Action and the IB Learner Profile.
- Respond to a video considering the philosophy behind Service as Action, examples, different types of service and what service can look like inside and outside of school.
- Match example activities to direct service, indirect service, advocacy and research.
- Look at and complete (if possible) a service portfolio. The lesson provides starter sentences to help students.
If you are a subscriber, you can download the lesson plan and the portfolio documents below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.