Student Language Profile
I work with the English department and students to create a student language profile for each student in the Diploma Programme.
The aim of the profile is to give all teachers an overview of the students` language level and history, as well as build up a picture of the students` use of English and other language outside of school.
The profile focuses on:
- Year and grade of entering Tamagawa:
- Year and grade of entering the IB (if different to above):
- English phase when starting Tamagawa IB:
- English phase at the end of year 10:
- CEFR at the end of year 10
- Final MYP IB and Tamagawa English class and grade:
- DP language classes and level.
- Year 10 final Cambridge English Exam
- External English Language tests and results–type of test, level achieved, year taken.
- Time spent abroad:
- Previous education in the English language, overseas or in Japan:
- Parents/guardians non-Japanese language proficiencies–include language spoken to each parent not including Japanese language.
- Other languages studied apart from English or Japanese.
- Language or learning concerns / issues in Japanese.
- Other personal connections to foreign countries and/or languages.
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.