How to Fill In the Presentation Planning Document: TK/PPD
This booklet gives in depth advice on how to fill in the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) Presentation Planning Document (TK/PPD). Filling in the TK/PPD is an essential part of the presentation process, and unless the International Baccalaureate ask your school for a sample, is the only part of the presentation that the moderator will see. It is vital that students fill in the form correctly, to ensure that they get the grade that their presentation fully deserves.
The booklet uses examples from the International Baccalaureate, which can be found in the Theory of Knowledge Teacher Support Materials https://resources.ibo.org/dp/subject-group/Theory-of-knowledge/resource/11162-42990/data/d_0_tokxx_fcl_1611_1_e.pdf, and puts them into student friendly language.
For each section of the TK/PPD form, the booklet offers detailed advice from the International Baccalaureate, including their example student sentences. I have also added sentence starters to support students get started in writing each section—this has been useful for students who are filling in the form in their second language.
- Title of presentation.
- Indicate the duration of the presentation.
- Indicate the number of participants in the presentation.
- Describe your real life situation.
- State your knowledge question (this must be expressed as a question).
- Explain the connection between your real-life situation and your knowledge question.
- Outline how you intend to develop your TOK presentation in the context of your real-life situation. Include analysis of your main knowledge question and related knowledge questions as well as arguments and perspectives. Responses can be presented in continuous prose or as a list of points.
- Show the significance of your conclusions with particular reference to your real-life situation and indicate how those conclusions might be relevant to other real-life situations.
If you are a subscriber, you can download the document below. If you have not yet subscribed, please do so today in order to be able to see all of the resources in this website.