This audit is designed for the school to assess their current progression regarding the implementation of the ‘Service Learning’ part of the Careers Related Programme Core, where their strengths are, and the areas they need to develop in the future–the results of the audit can be worked into the school’s action plan.
The contents of the audit are:
1. The nature of service learning.
3. Time required.
4. Learning outcomes.
5. Learning outcome descriptors.
6. Evidencing the outcomes.
9. The career-related context.
10. Links with the personal and professional skills course.
11. Links to academic studies.
12. The international dimension.
13. Service-learning experiences.
14. The 5 stages of service learning.
15. The service-learning model.
16. Four types of action.
17. Approaches to service-learning.
18. Reflection in service-learning.
19. Service-Learning Portfolio.
20. The service-learning project.
21. Service-learning interviews.
22. Risk assessment
23. Service-learning adviser.
24. Roles and Responsibilities of the school and service-learning coordinator.
25. Service-Learning Handbook